Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run
(01-20-2023, 04:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't let Nate hear you say that!  Ninja

Wide zone isn't really the problem, per se. The Bengals overall are a bad blocking team, Oline and WRs. They seem to whiff more than most other teams. Back to the wide zone; it's not like they can't create creases there, it's that Mixon had/has such a bad habit of missing too many holes. Zone runs are a Bengals staple going way back. They've had so many good cutback runners over the years, Mixon just isn't one of them. 

The annoying part is, watch any game and you'll see one or two good runs out of the zone but overall, they're just not a good blocking team, regardless.

I was just throwing out there a way to protect the QB a little but they really can't do it because they've been so dangerous just surviving off the perfection of Joe Burrow.

As for the run game it's on the offensive coaches. Fours years now they have installed a run game that has failed in a drastic scale. It's hard to blame the players when it's different players same results.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run - Synric - 01-20-2023, 05:11 PM