Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looks Like 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen Out for At Bills Play-Off Game
(01-20-2023, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bad news for you then. Burrow demolishes the blitz more than any QB in the NFL right now. Hope you are right.

Will be a long day for your Defense if you are blitzing a lot. You have to get pressure with your front consistently to disrupt Joe.

The same way we play Mahomes is the same way you play Burrow but a bit different, Mahomes needs to be contained in the pocket
because he is the best throwing on the run out of the pocket. Burrow needs to be flushed out and made uncomfortable with pressure up
the middle and hit once he is flushed out with a 4 or more ideal a 3 man front and the 7 or 8 in the back playing coverage. This is the
only way to slow down Joe, or just hope he is off and his WR's and TE are droppin' balls all day.

Thought so, and yeah, that was nasty lol

I haven’t reread my post. So sorry if I miscommunicated my thoughts

I meant to say edmunds and Milano will be rushing Burrow, but when they do, they’ll be dropping back a DE or DT in their place most of the time. We rarely rush more than 4. I expect us to rush more than four 2-4 times.

The 3 man rush has actually been tough on Burrow this year. I don’t have the stats on hand, but I remember reading that he was bottom 3 QBs vs a 3 man rush. I hope to see more 3 man rushes than 5+
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks Like 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen Out for At Bills Play-Off Game - Mafioso - 01-21-2023, 12:05 PM