Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the best coaching staff in the NFL
(01-23-2023, 12:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: There were times Purdy was considered a 1st/2nd rounder.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2022bpurdy.php

The knocks on him were arm strength, not a dual threat, and size. He was considered smart, good decision maker, mastered his offense, accurate, throws receivers open, etc.

I watched the kid play several times at Iowa State, and he was about all they had and the kid had game. I just knew he was small, not a good runner, and little arm strength. You block for him, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton. You can take a less talented guy that is smart and win games with him. Still, SFs staff is very good, for sure. 

Also, Joe didn't instantly turn this around. We were hot dogshit his first year even before the injury. Joe Burrow, some good drafting, and good FA, and a staff guys play hard for is what turned this around. I credit Vonn Bell as much as anyone. That was the night it started to turnaround.

Yeah, Purdy was pretty highly regarded at times in the past before his NFL tenure.   I am in a group that scouts prospects before the draft and we compete with money.   Purdy was my favorite late round qb, and since we keep record of our old conversations pre-draft, you better believe I have brought those old messages out from hibernation since he's taken over lol.   (I've been wrong plenty as well, but it's fun when you hit on a player lol).   I was pretty shocked that he went as late as he did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the best coaching staff in the NFL - Dr.Z - 01-23-2023, 12:30 AM