Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ?
I think you know where I'm going with this. Who could lay some sports medicine knowledge on me? I'm wanting to know more about a high ankle sprain.Is it something an athlete can recuperate from quickly and return to action or is it somthing that could hinder, let's say, a NFL QB from returning to action within a few days?

Romo said a guy could play on it immediately after the injury because of adrenalin but he said it gets worse over the four days after the injury and can feel like a softball on you ankle. I know I've sprained my ankle pretty severely two or three times in my life and I could barely walk or days and it swelled to twice its normal size. I can't imagine trying to outrun professional athletes with a badly sprained ankle.

Let me ask the Bengals Board medical professionals another question. If your ankle has been compromised due to a high ankle sprain, is it something that increases the likelihood of injuring the ankle again? I know when I've hurt my ankle, it seems like if I'm not extremely careful, I'll roll over it again due to it already being in a weakened state.

I know very little about the medical side of this injury. Is it something an elite athlete can play with or can it be a real problem? I can't help but think it would have to seriously affect a QB's mobility and maybe even the ability to throw the ball down the field.

What's the verdict on this injury? Isn't this the same type of injury that has sidelined Cappa?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ? - Science Friction - 01-23-2023, 03:40 AM