Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the best coaching staff in the NFL
(01-23-2023, 11:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, the plan all along was to tank and flip the roster. ZT and the Bengals knew they were going to suck for a couple years. They literally benched Dalton (on his birthday) so they would lose games. 

I was down on ZT the first couple of years too, but the man has grown into the role. You can't question his leadership. 

The one piece I still questioned going into the year was his offensive scheme, play calling, play design, etc. Since the first few weeks, I have no more questions. The offense has evolved into a well oiled sustainable machine. I am seeing play designs and schemes I've never seen before. The explosive plays are no longer needed to put up points. 

Joe Burrow himself has called ZT the "best coach in the NFL". I am not sure what else you are looking for.  

If Burrow says he's the best coach in the NFL, then I believe he's the best coach in the NFL.  I expect Burrow to say stuff like that, but as I've pointed out before ZT is probably here for Burrow's entire career plus 5-10 years, so he may as well be the best HC in the NFL.

With that being said, if ZT is really the best HC then I expect them to win Brady/Bellichick numbers of championships.  I was on board with Burrow winning 4 of them, but if ZT is the best HC too, then I want 6+ and hopefully 8+ SB wins.  Burrow isn't as young as I'd like, but the guy does everything right and he's on schedule to win SB #1 in 3 weeks, so I want that and more.

He is the WheelBurrow no more, Burrow is a cog in an exceptional machine that is about to start mass producing Lombardis.  How does that sit with you? 

EDIT - And if at any point Burrow goes down, god forbid, I want ZT and company to put together a Brock Purdy style run towards the title with Brandon Allen, or Jake Browning. 

I'm on board...now reward my faith and 36 years of fandom handsomely.

(01-23-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals had the hardest schedule in the NFL after the bye. They are 9-0 with 2 playoff wins. Anybody doubting Taylor and his staff need to camp out at the FC Cincinnati board. Because they don’t know football. Does it mean they are perfect? Heck no but they proved themselves

This team is a few weeks and one play last year away from winning 2 SBs in Burrow's first 2 full years as a starter.  I think perfection is a lot closer than you think.

I think Burrow is the perfect QB and I was a right dumbass, but I'll admit that Burrow thinks ZT is the perfect coach for him, so screw it, we're are close to perfect as one can expect at this moment.  I'm in.  Hell, I convinced myself that Marvin Lewis and Jake Driskell could put something interesting on tape, not sure why I even bothered resisting the ZT/Burrow connection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the best coaching staff in the NFL - Nately120 - 01-23-2023, 12:09 PM