Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Zac has done that Marvin couldn't
(01-23-2023, 03:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I was literally just speaking to a buddy about this same thing. ZT treating playing for the Bengals like a job and interviewing these guys in FA & draft process. Vetting them out. He had a vision, sold the club on that vision, and then stuck to it.

Kudos to the Bengals FO for getting on board with the unproven. How many times on this board was the argument made to not fire Marvin due to the unknown? "Who else you going to get?". Same w Andy Dalton. The fear of the unknown is crippling.... but visionaries are motivated by the possibilities.

Very impressive. Could NOT be more thrilled with the roster makeup and direction of the franchise.

I also think this organization saw they needed to change also, I do believe Marvin was held back at times and could have put a better field of players out there.. do you think anytime, no doubt Dalton and company would have befitted in going out and getting some FA lineman and Zimmer going out and signing some FA defense players.  I give ZT a ton of credit on it but I also can say "what if" with the teams we had during our playoff run with Marvin if we would have added a couple pieces I truly believe they could have competed better in the playoffs and made it the AFC division champ one of those years.. 

Kudos though to the Organization to realize what they need to do to help Taylor and Burrow ...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Zac has done that Marvin couldn't - Essex Johnson - 01-23-2023, 03:55 PM