Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-17-2015, 01:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I was going to say, it appears to be something that could happen more frequently at a much smaller company (some that I've worked at in the past were prone to cussing).
I totally understand the "shock" value of it in a meeting, but it's still considered highly unprofessional and crass.

Seriously, how would you feel if you called into a help desk department and they answered, "how can I effin help you today?". That one word really changes the whole tone of the conversation.

I've known some business owners who use cuss words. The key word here is 'owners'. I've seen some supervisors use cuss words around subordinates and peers, but not superiors. My sense is that most don't. And for those who do, it is generally a self-assigned privilege based upon position.

I remember going to Lowe's one Sunday evening with my son to pick up a few things. We were in our 'Sunday Best' for some reason, but I'm not sure if we actually went to church that day or not. Anyway, the check-out clerk was some young pimple-faced kid who sized us up as "church people" and decided to have fun at our expense. He started spouting off the "GD" phrase after every other word with a big grin on his face. He must have said it about 15 times in the space of asking if we "found everything okay" and giving us the receipt. Outside of giving him a "Something wrong with you, boy?" stare, I let it go. While I was a little annoyed with someone (besides myself) using minor swear words around my 4 year old boy, I found myself wondering what would cause someone to think that would be funny. I assume he was probably not long for that job anyway the next time he had to check-out one of Brigham Young's ancestors.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence - Bengalzona - 12-17-2015, 02:24 PM