Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Synric's 10,000th post. #FreeFredToast
(01-23-2023, 01:14 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: How about "unbanned" but on a very, very short leash?  

It would be helpful if there was some sort of way mods could throttle how much people post in a day. I have no idea if there is a tool for them like that (probably not) but yeah if you could setup a limit to his number of posts, say 5 posts a day with a max of 1000 characters in each post, it might go a long way to improving his relationship with his fellow users. A little bit of Fred is better than no Fred. The problem we are having is too much Fred. Post after post arguing the minutae of an issue might feel natural to him (he's a lawyer right?) but it can be off putting to other users who want a more casual level of discussion where it is alright to be wrong. 

In any case, I support him coming back (do we know if the ban is supposed to be permanent) but I'd tell him to find a way to set that limit for himself, even if the mods probably can't impose it automatically. I'd tell him to keep himself honest by numbering and dating the post somewhere in the body (would not count against the 1000 word limit). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Synric's 10,000th post. #FreeFredToast - BoomerFan - 01-23-2023, 06:01 PM