Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Zac has done that Marvin couldn't
(01-23-2023, 07:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree that Kimo derailed Marvin's best shot, but then are the players even more out of control and disciplinary problems if they get a Super Bowl win?

Marvin demanded no discipline and I think that's what was his biggest downfall (along with game planning and things, but Palmer was so good that he didn't need much game planning).

Burrow's arm is a billion times better than Andy's was. Dalton worked with that QB guru to improve his deep ball and overall throwing abilities, and it did improve, but he still struggled with the deep ball. So many times AJ Green had his man beat by 5 yards and had to slow down to catch one of Andy's passes and then got caught by the defender.

I agree that we would have won playoff games if Kimo doesn't roll over Palmer's knee but I think that would have been in spite of Marvin, not because of Marvin.

Marvin demanded no discipline and the team wasn't really a team but just a band of hot heads. 

Hell, look at the meltdown against the Steelers in the 2016 playoffs and tell me if a well-coached team makes those mistakes, from the fumble all the way down to the personal foul against Pacman.

I agree that Zac has it easier with Mike not being as controlling and doing things like building the practice facility, but Marvin should have demanded change.

Marvin was nothing more than a statue that was hired because Mike thought it would excite the fans since he was the d coordinator of one of the best defenses ever.

The Bengals brought in a bunch of guys with character concerns. They did it to add talent cheaper.

Zac is totally the opposite.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Zac has done that Marvin couldn't - THE PISTONS - 01-23-2023, 07:26 PM