Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ?
(01-23-2023, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't supposed to be easy. Hope he plays great, still doesn't mean he will win.

Nate, I'm sure this is the correct attitude, to want to beat a 100% Mahomes. Good attitude for the Bengals players and fans.

But, I guess after half-a-century of rooting for the Bengals, I wouldn't mind a little break along the way. Not saying that I hope Mahomes doesn't play, but maybe a 90% healthy Mahomes. Or maybe 80%.  Wink

I don't think the Pittsburgh Steelers are embarrassed to hang their 2006 Super Bowl Championship banner (2005 season) because Carson Palmer was injured in the game against them. They probably just look at it as the football gods smiling on them. (Reminder: they were only 6th seed that year and yet ended up with Hines Ward being the Super Bowl MVP and Roethlisberger a Super Bowl champion. I don't think they give a second thought that they wouldn't be Super Bowl champions if Palmer hadn't been injured.)

But, you're right. We should want to beat Mahomes at his best. And I'm proud that the team and fans feel that way. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ? - Nepa - 01-23-2023, 07:53 PM