Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
EVen the idea that Chiefs are underdogs is laughable
Mahomes has never been an underdog in the playoffs, I believe. Just as he's never had to play a road playoff game.

I think for the ordinary public, not the betting public, Mahomes is still who they consider the top QB in the league and the Chiefs the top team in the AFC. So, most probably look at KC as the team they they think will win. And as Mahomes prognosis becomes clearer that he will play, the betting line will probably change to reflect that.

Right now, the betting public has an image of an injured Mahomes and the Bengals domination on Sunday. The week before they had the image of the Ravens giving the Bengals a battle. But as the week goes on, I am willing to bet people will go back to what they have believed the last two years and the Chiefs will either be favored or it will be even money. The Bengals players are not going to suckered into any complacency or giving less than 100%. Heck, the Halloween MNF game against the Browns probably still grates on them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: EVen the idea that Chiefs are underdogs is laughable - Nepa - 01-24-2023, 08:53 PM