Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the better matchup for the Bengals? 49ers or Eagles?
(01-25-2023, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly think Philly is a better matchup for us. For starters, we already know how to handle a running QB (Lamar Jackson). To be fair, Hurts will still get some rushing yards, I'd imagine, but he better be able to read defenses from a passing perspective better than Lamar or he'll be in for a long game.

And while the Eagles defense is ranked really high, if you look back at who they played, it's hard to give their defense FULL credit as opposed to playing bad offenses. They've faced the Lions, Vikings, Commanders (twice), Jaguars, Cardinals, Cowboys (twice), Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Tennessee, Giants (twice), Chicago, and the Saints.

Of those teams, the only ones with decent offenses were the Lions (who scored 35 points), the Cowboys with Dak Prescott at QB (who scored 40 points), the Packers (who scored 33 points), and maybe the Jaguars (who scored 21 points). The Vikings were the only team with a pretty good offense (statistically anyways) that the Eagles were able to shut down - Vikings scored 7 points.

So as awesome as it would be to beat the 49ers for our first Super Bowl ever, I think our best chances lie with the team who not only can we probably stop/slow down better but who's defense won't stymie our offense that much.

Interesting points, they have been scored on from time to time. More feast or famine than SF this year. Only the Raiders broke 30 on SF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the better matchup for the Bengals? 49ers or Eagles? - leonardfan40 - 01-25-2023, 12:40 PM