Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-17-2015, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your missing the point. I don't really care why you choose to do anything, that's why it's called a choice. It was more of a rhetorical question that I really wasn't looking for your reasoning on. I am getting at a deeper thought at the reasoning behind any word being "bad". You only have to make a choice on this class of words because someone way before you told you they were "bad", but there is no real reason they are bad other than because someone has told enough people within our society that they are.

By the way I haven't encouraged anyone to do anything besides question why things are the way they are. Doing something because that is the way things have always been done is counterproductive to growth and innovation.

the way we speak is based off how we were raised. Yes there are reasons to move some things forward... For the sake of making them better. Webster changed our language.... Now we type color instead of colour. He wanted a language that was spelled as it sounded. Could argue based on his actions he tried to dumb us down. Or we could say he was in your camp and believed we needed to change just for the sake of change . Over the years we have Ebonics.... Now let's promote more swearing.

This is looking more and more like Idiocracy lol

Change for the sake of change isn't always a good think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence - StLucieBengal - 12-17-2015, 07:24 PM