Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Honest ? - why do Bengals fans care what other fan bases think?
(01-25-2023, 03:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: None of us live in a cocoon. We have family, friends, associates. We do care what they think of us. One advice on whether or not a certain action is ethical or not is to imagine what you did appeared on the front page of your newspaper: would you be proud or embarrassed by what was printed. That's because what others think of us is important.

Wearing Bengals jerseys and hats and being known as Bengals fans, we would like to be proud of our affiliation. I very glad that this is a high-character Bengals team. DeShaun Watson is a terrific athlete. I thank my lucky stars we have Burrow, someone to be proud of, rather than DeShaun Watson.

For some of us, it extends to how Bengals players treat others. it was so inspiring after the Bills game to see the Bengals and Bills players genuinely embracing one another and congratulating one another. Makes me proud to be a Bengals fan.

But it's mute point, because this Bengals team is filled with very high-character players, high-character coaches, and a high-character ownership. And when someone gets out of line, there are others who tend to rein them in. Even a rookie, CTB, was doing some of that with Apple.

And if DW gets the Clowns to the Playoffs, i doubt most fans will give 2 sh*ts about his past. Most will be thinking "we going to SB". 

They are young 20 somethings with high testosterone levels and now have money (not all of them had money before they joined the NFL). Can't expect them all to conduct themselves like gentleman. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honest ? - why do Bengals fans care what other fan bases think? - Mike M (the other one) - 01-26-2023, 03:35 AM