Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one thing I resent about Joey B
(01-26-2023, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is a second banana for sure, but that's hardly the end of the world.  I've compared Burrow & Taylor to Hall & Oates, or Simon & Garfunkel, or the rest of the Beatles & Ringo.  Oates/Garfunkel/Ringo can always be the butt of jokes because they aren't Hall/Simon/Paul-John-George, but the fact is that they we part of something huge, they've seen the top of the mountain, and their biggest sin is not being on the level of the main guy.

With that being said, I do think Burrow is so good that it'll be hard to evaluate damn near anyone.  We will see how long we can keep this band together, but I have a suspicion some of our players who take big bucks to go to middling or bottom-tier NFL teams are going to suspiciously return to earth a bit.  It's all good, Burrow can get his teammates paid and he can elevate the FAs that come in.

As for ZT?  Well, as long as Burrow keeps telling people that he's the best coach on earth and they collect championships, he'll be collecting awards and laughing all the way to the bank like John Oates.

Great post and I agree with the comparison. Like I said, sometimes the star just gets so bright, it's all people see or talk about.

Speaking of Ringo, my Wife was watching that awesome Beatles doc (which I also watched a good bit of), and that part where Paul and Linda were holding hands in the studio, and Ringo casually put his hand on top of theirs with that goofy look on his face had me rolling.

Also, I agree that Joe being so good makes it hard to evaluate *some* of our guys, but I think it's safe to say some of them were just underrated signings or picks that we hit on. Hendrickson and Reader were great elsewhere. Our receivers are all good to great but do benefit.

Our corners were good scheme fits, but might struggle to replicate this success elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The one thing I resent about Joey B - Shake n Blake - 01-26-2023, 10:02 PM