Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one thing I resent about Joey B
(01-27-2023, 11:06 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I don’t know that I can say I “resent”, anything about Burrow, the team, etc.

I’m glad he’s our QB. Personally, I’ve never seen one person/player who reinvented an NFL team as well, as thoroughly and as positively as Burrow has. And, to do it in such a short length of time is nothing short of a miracle. He’s better than Kenny Anderson. He’s better than Boomer. He’s better than Carson. Yeah, some of those guys may have had one or two traits that are better than Burrow. But, as a leader, a complete QB, Burrow wins the crown. So, no resentment there.

If the defense has to practice against the likes of Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon etc, of course it will make them a better defense.

As far as Taylor? I’d say half the NFL (if not more) would put him on their short list for a HC position if he were to become available for some crazy reason. I just rewatched his interview with Tony Dungee from the end of last season (not sure when it was filmed). He embodies the professionalism, the tough “paid my dues”, the football mind, and the creativeness that the Brown family cherishes. Now, looking back, it’s easier to see and understand what they were doing. He made it clear the direction he wanted the team to go (and nowhere did he ever mention guys like Dalton, AJ Green, etc). He wanted leaders on the team when he first got here and mentioned Pratt, Bates, Mixon, Boyd, by name.

His vision and plan had Arizona heavily interested and Denver as well but Denver had a lot of stipulations. The Browns history of loyalty and the fact he and his wife loved the city turned him to Cincy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The one thing I resent about Joey B - Soonerpeace - 01-27-2023, 11:43 AM