Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one thing I resent about Joey B
(01-27-2023, 01:53 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Maybe he did like Andy.  I don't recall him mentioning him one way or the other.  However, in the interview, he said he was looking at leaders on the team when he was hired.  He specifically mentioned Mixon, Bates, Pratt, Boyd.  He didn't mention Dalton or Green, at all.  Maybe I read too much into it.  But, given they didn't resign AJ nor Andy and some of the other guys like Dunlap and Atkins, it was clear to me they were only keeping guys who they felt would buy into a total rebuild.

It took way less time to do the rebuild than any of us dreamed (and probably believed in the Bengals front office), but here we are playing for another AFC Championship and, I firmly believe, back to back Super Bowls...this time, we win!

I have zero disappointment or have any resentment in Joe Burrow, or this team overall.  There is nothing I have seen which would lead me to resent anything.  Now if he turns into a jerk like Aaron Rodgers, I may change my tune.  But, I don't get the impression he will.  He's had to struggle too much to get here.  No one believed in him but him.  He doesn't seem to forget that.  Want to dress in Sponge Bob t-shirts?  Or, wear bling?  I got no issues with that.  I will draw the line at a "man bun", though.

Andy had been the team leader for several years. He wanted out and everybody wanted to accommodate him. But once he got benched it just wasn’t going to work out. The Bengals knew they were drafting a QB in the draft. Both parties moved on.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The one thing I resent about Joey B - Soonerpeace - 01-27-2023, 03:07 PM