Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa, Williams Haven't Practiced For Chiefs Game
(01-27-2023, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am worried about this OL unit going into the Chiefs game.

This is a different animal than Buffalo. The Chiefs have a much better DL and it's not going to be snowy (neuteralizes the pass rush to a degree).

The Chiefs are also coached much better than the Bills. I fully don't expect them to perform nearly as well as they did against the Bills.

The snow narrative is strange to me.  

I don't buy it, personally.  The Bengals pass rush was just fine.  They would have hammered any qb less big and less mobile than Allen on at least 3 plays in which he miraculously escaped pressure.  

The snow didn't hurt Mike Hilton flying in like a missile on cb blitzes, either.  

Before that game happened, any football-minded person you could have suggested it to would have laughed if you told them the snow would be a disadvantage to a Buffalo Bills defensive line playing an offensive line down 3 starters.  

I agree about the coaching part, mostly.  Not long ago, Andy Reid was a guy that went to a lot of NFC championships and even a Super Bowl, only to blow it in the big games.  He got his title, and it was seen as major validation to a career full of wins but short on the most important ones.  You get run out of Philly after a stellar w-l record for a reason.  

We've seen Reid and co make mistakes.  The call to go for 7 at the half last year turned the momentum of that entire AFC title game.  If Zac did that with that lead and lost, we'd destroy him in the game day thread.  He also tends to get bored with the run game.  Even when it's there, he seems to be reluctant to use it.  It's just not his personality as a coach.  They threw 3 times in the red zone and settled for a field goal late in the 4th with the game on the line last year.  

That staff is wonderful at play design and getting guys open.  They have one of the greatest qbs of all time to bail them out when things go wrong.  When it comes to being disciplined and making in-game calls, they do not scare me.  John Harbaugh does.  Mike Tomlin does.  Andy Reid does not.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cappa, Williams Haven't Practiced For Chiefs Game - samhain - 01-27-2023, 04:14 PM