Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(01-27-2023, 02:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't he fighting through injury every year? He has had 3 knee injuries in the last 3 years. He has also given up 20 sacks over the last 2 years.

You don't pay a guy $12.6m if you're even considering putting him into a starting job competition. If he loses then you're either starting him anyway over a guy that beat him because you're paying him too much money to bench, or you're having a $12.6m player sitting on your bench. It's a lose-lose. As soon as you even consider putting him in a competition for his job, it's already telling you that you shouldn't pay him $12.6m.

If we were cap strapped, I could see it, but we have the 5th most cap space in the league heading into next year.  QB contracts typically don't start kicking in for a few years and we don't have a lot of big money FA's to resign or glaring immediate needs besides TE.  

It's not a good FA or T class from what I've seen.  I don't particularly want to cut a guy just to be forced to draft a guy at his position early in a weak class, especially drafting at the end of the round with no extra picks. With the patchwork lines we've trotted out the last two years for the playoffs, I'd much rather keep a guy like Jonah around another year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Assessments - Whatever - 01-27-2023, 05:29 PM