Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(01-27-2023, 06:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow, Wilson, and Higgins are eligible for extensions.
Bell, Pratt, and Hurst are all FAs.

Even if you don't extend Higgins and don't re-sign Pratt (my expectations) that cap space will still start shrinking quick. Plus they need to find another CB or re-sign Apple (ugh).

How is paying a guy $12.6m to either do a bad job or potentially sit on the bench better than trying to find his replacement and using $12.6m in cap space to improve the team? Again, 20 sacks allowed the last two years. Without him the Bengals 29th ranked run offense ran straight down the throat of the Bills 5th ranked rushing defense while Burrow tied his lowest sack total of any game this year.

Not to mention even if Jonah does play okay, there's a pretty good chance with him that you still are forced to put together a patchwork line out there because he's always hurt. He just dislocated knees twice in one year, he has finished 3 of his 4 seasons injured.

20 sacks is highly inflated by Burrow's style of play over the past couple of years.  A lot of the recent success in pass pro is Joe getting the ball out quicker.  And the Bills D always crumbles in the playoffs.  Case in point, 13 seconds or a 3rd string QB hanging 30+ on them.  I'm glad Carman has played well the last couple of weeks, but he has also given up sacks, too.  I'm not ready to hand him the starting job without serious competition.  And point blank, I have zero faith on our FO hitting on a T in this class.  I'm not going to get behind a plan that has this FO with it's track record of drafting OL voluntarily putting themselves in a position where they have to spend an early pick on a T in this class, especially when you're pulling the 5th year option on a T that would start for a lot of teams in the league, including ours 

If you're looking to dump someone for cap space, it should be Boyd before anyone else.  He has a 4th year PS guy eating into his reps and targets and we can actually draft WR's well.  Cap space can be created with structure on extensions for guys like Reader and Trey.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - Whatever - 01-28-2023, 03:35 AM