Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet.
(01-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure it was different for him, but when I was a kid the Sears catalog only had like 2 different NFL team helmets to choose from. They NEVER had the Bengals.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was always the same 10 or 12 teams (Bears, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, etc.  All the front-runner teams).  Reminds me of my cousin and the Lions coat.  He was (is) a huge Lions fan, so one year for Christmas back in the late '80s/early '90s he asked for a Lions coat.  My aunt looked everywhere around here but of course SW Ohio was the wrong place to look for such a thing.  The interwebs weren't yet an option, so she found what she thought was a nice coat in the Sears or Penny's catalog and ordered that.  Come Christmas morning, my cousin opens his gift to find an Eagles coat.  My aunt said the teams offered were few, and her logic was that, heck, green is pretty close to blue, and one animal is pretty much like another LOL  The coat hung unworn and in mint condition in a closet for years before she donated it to Goodwill or something.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet. - pally - 01-28-2023, 12:26 PM
RE: Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet. - Housh - 01-28-2023, 02:58 PM
Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet. - Rotobeast - 01-28-2023, 04:08 PM
RE: Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet. - Awful Llama - 01-28-2023, 11:27 PM