Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-18-2015, 09:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Still missing the point, and that is okay. The idea of challenging a cultural norm is something that is weird to a lot of people. You can challenge something without changing it. The idea is to start a discussion about why we do the things we do. I would bet most of the people you ask can't tell you why "F@#$" is a bad word just that it is bad. I am merely trying to get people to look at it and try and figure out why it is to them beyond the fact their parents told them it was.

I do the same thing when it comes to religion, politics, etc. as far as challenging why things are done the way they are, this topic just fits real well into that whole concept. By the way, I coach high school sports and in that setting I don't use any words that could be considered "bad". I am not looking for kids to go against their parents wishes, however as adults I encourage everyone to ask the question "Why?".

Because of sensitive sissies. 
No word should be banned, not even the "n-word" or the abbreviation for transmission.
That doesn't mean someone shouldn't get their ass beat for using them in the wrong context, but they are all still words.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence - Rotobeast - 12-18-2015, 10:15 AM