Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We got outplayed most of the game
(01-30-2023, 10:54 AM)Nepa Wrote: Chiefs only had 4 penalties all game. What bad calls did they have to overcome? I didn't see a single bad call on the Chiefs, so they didn't have to overcome them.

Bengals had 9 penalties and also subject to a do-over on top of the 9 penalties. 

Major missed calls on the punt return and holding against the Chiefs OL. 

I guess when you want people to stop whining you are talking about the Bengals players and Bengals coaches and NFL analysts and commentators whining. Why was the obvious late hit on Burrow ignored? I've never seen him "whine," but he did on that play. A lot. I've never seen the Bengals coaches "whine" so much, but they sure did on the do-over and the push in the back on the 30-yard punt return. I've never seen Greenberg "whine" so much about one-sided officiating or Simmons "whine" so much about the officiating, but they sure did for that game.

Instead, Bengals fans are quick to blame the Bengals and give the Chiefs credit for "overcoming bad calls" when they were the recipient of the one-sided officiating that Mike Greenberg is "whining" about.

It comes down to fans either want to blame it all on the team or blame it all on the refs. The Bengals was bad in the last 2 drives, but the Chiefs was bad most of the 2nd half. The Chiefs did not come in clutch in the final minute. I can put blame on the Bengals and can put blame on the refs at the same time. The Chiefs can have bad drives but the Bengals can't afford that luxury. And in the playoff especially at this stage, the margin between teams are small. The Bengals was among the least penalized team in the league, and look at how many penalties the Bengals got in the 4th alone, look at how many non calls the Chiefs got away with in the 4th quarter.

Fans putting all the blame to the refs while ignoring problems with our team is bad enough, but fans putting all the blame on the team and defending the refs or NFL calling other fans whining, tell that to Chase, tell that to Burrow who was never frustrated with refs to this degree, and tell that to our coaches.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We got outplayed most of the game - mitano - 01-30-2023, 11:08 AM