Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We got outplayed most of the game
Yep.

The calls were bad and had a sizeable impact on the result of this game, but the biggest reasons we lost we:
Hakeem Adeniji
Max Scharping
Drue Chrisman
Sadly, Joe Burrow

Adeniji and Scharping are obvious. They got absolutely mangled by Chris Jones. That last sack was just Adeniji having his lunch money stolen. We knew the back up Oline was going to be a problem eventually, and they chose to struggle yesterday rather than 2 weeks from yesterday. They were not going to hold up against Philly's defense.

Chrisman is one of the worst hang time punters I've ever seen. It's been like this all season. His leg is strong enough to send it a decent ways away, but it always felt like we were eventually going to see a big return, and that happened at the absolute worst time.

And Joe...I mean, it's hard to put too much blame on him because of all the pressure he was under all day, but he threw 2 interceptions and I was left wanting in terms of his pocket mobility. Patrick Mahomes was outrunning defenders better than he was, and he only had 1 good leg. It didn't feel like Burrow had the magic in the pocket that he had last year, which is kind of confusing since he's further away from his injury. I definitely would have liked to see the pocket move a bit more yesterday.

One of the interceptions was essentially a punt, so that wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I sure wish, if he was going long on 3rd and 3, that it not be to a double covered Higgins. It felt like he was trying to play hero ball at times. It worked out with the Chase 4th down grab, but today it felt like he was relying on his receivers to make a play rather than finding the open man.

The refs are what is going to be remembered from this game because it truly was awful, but I think what the Bengals players are going to lose sleep over is getting the ball with 2:30 left in the game with a chance to take the lead and not turning that drive into points.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We got outplayed most of the game - CJD - 01-30-2023, 11:21 AM