Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Philadelphia Bengals for two weeks
(01-30-2023, 05:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't. We've finally beat back the Herbert is better than Burrow takes. If Hurts wins a SB then the debate is done. Hurts is the steal and best QB of the 2020 draft. And I don't want to hear that talking point.

Go KC. No shame in losing to KC in an AFCC.

Just like we threw the playoff wins and Superbowl appearances in the face of Herbert/Charger fans. We'd have no argument if Hurts wins a SB.

Yeah, well I think people know Burrow was the best QB taken in the draft and Hurts would have struggled starting on day 1 on a 2-14 team.  With that being said, Burrow isn't the first 1st overall pick QB who watches a QB or two in his class taken after him win a SB before he does (if Philly wins).  There will always be that cliched take that we could have had Hurts and like 3+ high draft picks instead of Burrow, so meh.

Burrow is actually the first franchise QB we've had who has been in this situation.  Anderson was a 3rd round pick, Boomer/Dalton were 2nd round picks, and Palmer was the 1st overall pick but other than Rex Grossman being carried to that one SB no one in his QB class outperformed him.

But again, Burrow was the right choice and everyone knows it...it's just going to be a media narrative.  Then again, I think it'd be more likely to be held over Carson Wentz's head than anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philadelphia Bengals for two weeks - Nately120 - 01-30-2023, 10:27 PM