Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(01-31-2023, 12:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My main wants:

1. Cut Mixon
Nothing against him, but we just arent a running team. Paying the third most money on the team (12 million) to a guy that barely touches the ball and isn't super effective when he does is asinine. Draft some speed out of the backfield or go pick up a FA for cheap.

2. Find a punter.
Christman was freaking awful on Sunday and field position has been a problem for us all year. I am over it. Either draft one or bring in one in FA. It's a cheap upgrade that can pay huge dividends.

3. Bring these guys back.
Eli Apple, Pratt, Vonn Bell, Perine, Hurst, Flowers. None of these guys will break the bank and have been solid players for us.

4. Upgrade the OL
What happened with injuries in the playoffs was unlucky. The OL was OK this year, but nothing special. Go out and get that elite guy on the OL that we need. Joe goes from a good to best QB on the planet when he has time to throw and is comfortable in the pocket.

5. Find that elite game wrecker on defense
The Chiefs have one in Chris Jones. We need a guy like that on defense. Our defense is solid, but it's missing that one guy that can just wreck a game.

None of these things are huge asks. The Bengals have 44 million in cap space right now - third most in the league. Bates leaving and cutting Mixon would free up another 20 million at least.

Agree with most of what you say,but OL by all means,should be at the top of the list.The one,and only reason,that the AFCCG turned out the way it did is because of the OL.

That game wouldn’t even have been close,had we had an OL as good or better than what Mahomes is playing behind.I re-watched the game on DVR,with quite a few of the plays in slo-mo,and it’s obvious that there were plays there to be had.(Including Ja’Maar Chase open downfield),that never had a chance because of the disastrous play of the OL.

On several occasions Burrow spiked the ball into the ground because the play broke down completely before it ever got started,due to the incompetent play of the OL.

With an Elite OL,comparable to what Mahommes has,this game wouldn’t have even been close.Just go watch the film for yourself,and you’ll see.

I would be willing to trade draft picks,players,or whatever it takes to accomplish this.With an ELITE OL,,,,,this team is unbeatable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - ezekiel23 - 01-31-2023, 03:05 PM