Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo
(01-31-2023, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lou was like the last option lol

That wasn't due diligence, we lucked out with him. Bettcher actually has been a good DC in the NFL before. Lou came from no
where being a Secondary coach his entire career with the Fins and Giants. Crazy how good of a DC he has become. Blows my 
mind. But I did have a thought that Bettcher was insurance in case Lou did leave. I just don't see it happening unless the Cards
offer him crazy amount of money which they don't really have with all the dead cap with Kingsbury.

Lou loves what he has built. Burrow loves the guy, the Offense loves the guy, Zac loves the guy, the FO loves the guy...

And teams are wanting Offensive minded HC's now more than ever.

His resume may not have been very good with no DC experience. But the point of the interview is to get to know the guy and his understanding of the game. Is he knowledgeable enough? What schemes does he have in mind? Compare that to the rest. Maybe his resume wasn't the best, but I would pick the smartest coach I interview everytime. Interviewing a few outsiders would only give you more information.

(01-31-2023, 04:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he turns down a HC offer and they don't win a SB, does a defensive guy who will be 58 and have zero HC experience ever get an offer again? Older, defensive guy, and no experience. He already has 3 things going against him in the modern HC hiring cycle.

It'd also be him turning down somewhere around 5yr/$25-40m fully guaranteed to come back and make $1-2m/yr.

He only loses the opportunity to get offers if the defense tanks. They should be able to keep this group intact atleast 2 more years. He'd still get offers next year.

If there's a big difference in the amount of money he makes, obviously that's a big deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo - IcoHolic - 01-31-2023, 09:45 AM
RE: Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo - Bengalstripes9 - 01-31-2023, 04:45 PM