Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I love the Trash Talking among the Players.
(01-31-2023, 05:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Trash talking between players on the field (or court) is one thing. Trash talking another team via the media is something entirely different.

What one says in the media reflects on the entire team, franchise, and fan base. The Bengals came off arrogant and probably lost a lot of support. I know my daughters and sons, who root for the Bengals only because they want to see me, after a half century, finally get to see a Super Bowl win, were taken aback by how the Bengals presented themselves.

The Bengals had no reason to be arrogant. And people are not attracted to arrogance. I think some people, who might have normally rooted for the Bengals, were turned off by things like the Burrowhead talk and felt glad the Bengals got their comeuppance. Which is a shame, because a handful of people created a false impression of the team and the franchise and Bengals fans.

I am no fuddy-duddy like some of our members here who can't read.

And I love trash-talking, but what the Mayor of Cincy said was not funny, nor was the quote "Burrowhead"[ They only won there once with Burrow].

I thought the phrase of people getting refunds for the Chiefs-Bills game at Atlanta was funny.

I thought the Old "House of Pain" slogan by the Houston Oilers whenever they played other teams [except for the Bengals]in the Astrodome was hilarious. I mean what's not to like about this photo?

[Image: 1200x0.jpg]

What the 1991 Bulls did and whine through the media that the Pistons World Championships was not "Basketball" and was not good for the game was not trash talking, but whine talking.

What the 1989 Bills did and whine about the Bengal's no-huddle offense and forced the Bengals to abandon their style of football in the AFC Championship hours before kick-off was whine talking.

There is no problem playing the villain role in sports...
[Image: Oakland-Raiders-league-villains-since-1960-shirt0.jpg]
"Oakland Raiders: Marty Schottenheimer, HC, Kansas City Chiefs

The Oakland Raiders seemed to revel playing the bad guy role during much of their existence. This earned them plenty of enemies over a span of decades, but none seemed to take that dislike to a more personal level than Marty Schottenheimer. He was never shy about it, even dubbing every time his team played them “Raider Week.” "

[Image: 6_7812451.jpg]

[Image: evil-empire.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNOLkCI59m9b6VWAV1XLK...w&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love the Trash Talking among the Players. - BengalYankee - 01-31-2023, 06:40 PM