Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo
(01-31-2023, 04:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: His resume may not have been very good with no DC experience. But the point of the interview is to get to know the guy and his understanding of the game. Is he knowledgeable enough? What schemes does he have in mind? Compare that to the rest. Maybe his resume wasn't the best, but I would pick the smartest coach I interview everytime. Interviewing a few outsiders would only give you more information.

Lou was a great hire, but it took awhile to build this Defense. He did a great job and I was doubting him big time after 
his second season here. I wanted us to fire him, happy I didn't know what the FO knew.

(01-31-2023, 04:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lou has stated that he wants to be a HC, he is not turning down a HC job.

He is older and one of the least qualified guys out there.  

And I agree that teams are primarily looking for an offensive-minded coach or one with experience. 

Although, Ryans to Houston makes sense as a former player, young, black and the #1 DC.

And I agree Bettcher is the obvious in-house candidate.

Didn't know Lou stated that. I agree as you know. Ryans to Houston makes sense if there is a Defensive minded coach 
going to be a HC in this day. I could be wrong about Lou leaving, could happen I guess. Bettcher sure makes me feel
better about it. He done a great job with the LB's and is a great coach in his own right.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo - IcoHolic - 01-31-2023, 09:45 AM
RE: Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-31-2023, 06:50 PM