Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped"
(01-31-2023, 10:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Of course. And maybe Burrow should have dramatized falling down when he was hit late. I had zero problem with the late hit call.

But I thought the issue about the part-time officials was spot on. Billion-dollar industry with refs that have full time jobs working in high schools and middle schools and on farms and selling insurance, etc. Individuals who go back to those jobs on Monday. 

individuals who have more accountability to their employers outside of football.

And I think the loud and boisterous KC crowd influenced these officials. No reason not to call the obvious late hit on Burrow or the obvious push in the back on the punt return and a slew of offensive holding. There was a pass interference call on Hilton that the CBS expert on officiating, Gene Steratore, said never should have been called. A defender is allowed to make contact and Hilton's contact was minimal; he didn't twist the receiver at all.

In all, the Bengals were flagged 9 times, which was probably near their max penalties all year. The Chiefs were flagged only 4 time, below their season average. And overall, it is widely held that the officiating of that game was not a good look for the NFL.

Of course the loud crowd influences officials. It's only human nature. We need to think about that when we're blowing games to shit teams to open the season. It'd be nice to play these games in Cincinnati for once.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - Nepa - 01-31-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - jason - 01-31-2023, 10:28 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 01-31-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 02-01-2023, 08:00 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - CJD - 02-01-2023, 09:55 AM