Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were the pre-Joe Bengals as bad as most think?
(01-31-2023, 11:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The 80’s were an eternity ago. Plenty of people didn’t even watch those teams play.

Touting “playoff appearances” as some big achievement is kind of embarrassing (we’re past that now). I’m honestly not sure what you’re going for with these weird threads you’ve been starting lately.

2008 wasn't exactly yesterday either. Are you capable of discussion without veiled insults? You are the only person on here that seems to percieve everything as some kind of shot or disrespect towards Burrow. It's highly annoying.

The point of this thread is obvious. I think we had some good teams and years in our past, and I get a little tired of hearing "yeah Burrow is great, but the franchise is terrible". The franchise smartly tanked at the right time. They built a great staff and also drafted extremely well over the last several years. Which they've done a lot of under Tobin through the years.

Burrow is fantastic. The best QB we've ever had by a long shot, but the Bengals weren't the Detroit Lions prior to his arrival.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were the pre-Joe Bengals as bad as most think? - Shake n Blake - 01-31-2023, 11:19 PM