Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The AFC just got a little more tough
I can see why the Broncos made this move, they have to do something drastic in hopes of getting anything other than utter humiliation out of the Wilson trade.  It wouldn't floor me if he turned things around there, particularly since his claim to fame is winning with another QB who was supposedly DOA when he teamed up with him.

One of the knocks against the Wilson trade was that other teams who went all in on the vet QB route didn't do so when they had just hired a rookie HC.  Wilson being paired up with a vet HC with a history of some success makes some actual sense.  This could work for them, and the Hackett year will be seen as an aberration.  Plus, the Hackett hire seemed more like a ploy to get Aaron Rodgers there and when it didn't happen the new Broncos owners panicked and pulled the trigger on a less logical Wilson deal.

(01-31-2023, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You see some of those sideline shots of guys reacting to “Mr Unlimited” this season? I’m not sure deep pockets will be enough. LOL

I guess it depends on if Sean Peyton actually believes in Wilson or if he's just there because Sam Walton's kids have like 100 billion bucks in the bank and simply gave him a deal that makes the Gruden deal look like chump change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFC just got a little more tough - Nately120 - 01-31-2023, 11:33 PM