Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The AFC just got a little more tough
(02-01-2023, 12:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Everyone thinks Elway has done a good job, but really he just lucked into winning the Peyton sweepstakes. Other than that, it's been rough since Elway retired as a player. Funny thing about Plummer is I remember him getting a lot of undeserved hype in AZ.

He was decent in Denver, but when your best QB of the last quarter century is a guy like Plummer, that's Bears level bad. Which is funny, cuz the Bears were the ones who couldn't wait to take Cutler off the Broncos' hands.

I remember when Peyton Manning was on the market we had a poll on the old board on if we wanted him here and the general consensus was that we wanted to stick with Dalton (this would have been going into his second season), and that ol' fivehead was one hit away from the retirement home.

And I can see why the Bears traded for Cutler given their lack of developing a QB, but lordy...their passing TD record is still 29 TDs from Erik Kramer in the 1995 season.  That's impossibly bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFC just got a little more tough - Nately120 - 02-01-2023, 01:01 AM