Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The AFC just got a little more tough
(02-01-2023, 01:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember when Peyton Manning was on the market we had a poll on the old board on if we wanted him here and the general consensus was that we wanted to stick with Dalton (this would have been going into his second season), and that ol' fivehead was one hit away from the retirement home.

And I can see why the Bears traded for Cutler given their lack of developing a QB, but lordy...their passing TD record is still 29 TDs from Erik Kramer in the 1995 season.  That's impossibly bad.

I remember that poll. I was one of the only people arguing in favor of going after Peyton. Me. The supposed Dalton lover. It was great. I just think if you have a crack at a real generational QB, you always go for it.

I always lumped Erik Kramer in with Scott Mitchell. Both were mediocre to terrible their entire careers, yet had one season where they posted Pro Bowl numbers out of nowhere. Both in the NFC Central in the mid-90s.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFC just got a little more tough - Shake n Blake - 02-01-2023, 01:20 AM