Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped"
(01-31-2023, 10:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Of course. And maybe Burrow should have dramatized falling down when he was hit late. I had zero problem with the late hit call.

But I thought the issue about the part-time officials was spot on. Billion-dollar industry with refs that have full time jobs working in high schools and middle schools and on farms and selling insurance, etc. Individuals who go back to those jobs on Monday. 

individuals who have more accountability to their employers outside of football.

And I think the loud and boisterous KC crowd influenced these officials. No reason not to call the obvious late hit on Burrow or the obvious push in the back on the punt return and a slew of offensive holding. There was a pass interference call on Hilton that the CBS expert on officiating, Gene Steratore, said never should have been called. A defender is allowed to make contact and Hilton's contact was minimal; he didn't twist the receiver at all.

In all, the Bengals were flagged 9 times, which was probably near their max penalties all year. The Chiefs were flagged only 4 time, below their season average. And overall, it is widely held that the officiating of that game was not a good look for the NFL.

It's a very easy solution but the NFL led by Roger is a power hungry squad who simply hate to admit defeat just as they faught to have PI reviewed a few years ago.They clearly devalue the integrity of the game and a clear respect for the principles of what brings in billions of dollars a year which are the players and coaches. They can hire all the professional refs they want and employ them but they're still human and it's a very very fast game and officials are not always in the right spot. There's really 2 dichotomy's here which is the game itself and the last 2 minutes of a game.

The irony in all of this is that the NFL, themselves, in the last 2 minutes of a game,review everything that THEY deem as important with ZERO regard for what a HC deems important. I have an issue with that. During the course of a game, or even within the last 2 minutes, let the HC throw a flag for ANY call they deem inappropriate/appropriate. IDC how long extra it takes what's important is getting it correct. Coaches, players and fans deserve better.

Essentially, most debatable calls that really influence outcomes are holding calls/non-calls,illegal blocks, PI and penalties on sacks. If a coach has already used his red flag but has a TO left then give him another red flag but he loses his TO. If a coach has already used his red flag, doesn't have a TO left then he's SOL. Or something along these lines.

Why weren't those questionable calls reviewed at the end of regulation in the KC game? Why didn't the refs come together as they did earlier in the game on the Mahommes fumble that Cinci. was going to challenge initially but then did not have to? Aren't they deemed important by the NFL as much as other calls they review on their own?I can guarantee you Zach Taylor throws a red flag on a block in the back on the punt return and/or missed holds on Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - Nepa - 01-31-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - higgy100 - 02-01-2023, 10:28 AM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 01-31-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 02-01-2023, 08:00 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - CJD - 02-01-2023, 09:55 AM