Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23
(02-01-2023, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing about the Eagles - They have very little cap space unless some dudes start coming off the books.
$4.7 mill right now, according to Spotrac.
That's not even enough to sign the draft picks.

They also have an older roster, so they'll have to nail some draft picks to keep the momentum after this year or the year after.

Call me crazy, but Hurts is not as good of a passer as the top guys in the AFC - Burrow, Mahomes, Allen.
I'd take any of them over Hurts.

Just like I thought with Denver getting Wilson, I don't the Jets magically improve a ton after a season with double-digit losses by getting a new QB.
They might get 2-3 more wins, but that's not really contender-level.

Bengals are in such a good position with their cap space, but a good amount will go to impending internal FAs.
It's still a better situation than the other top teams in the league right now who have less than $10 mill to spend before re-signing anyone.
Out of all the playoff teams, the Bengals have the most cap space other than the Patriots.
The league average is just $5 mill.
Bills, Vikings, Jags, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, Chargers, Bucs are in the red.

The Chiefs, us, and SF look like strong contenders for awhile. Philly is locked. No way they can improve but few elite teams can. But they’ve got a lot of draft picks and a 10th rounder and #30 or #31.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23 - Soonerpeace - 02-01-2023, 03:42 PM