Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23
(02-01-2023, 08:14 PM)3wt Wrote: It's why we lost to KC - not that we could not use a TE, another DL who can rush from the interior or the edge and a CB.   There are other needs.   

But we just have to have a quality right tackle and a backup guard who can handle quality D Linemen.  Collins is a 50/50 proposition with regard to his health and Adeniji (sp) is just not good enough.  And there is no guarantee that Volson has a high enough ceiling to improve to the point that he can handle elite defensive linemen.

The trenches (and obviously the QB) define the elite teams in the league.   That's where we need to put our next investments.  And we can't spend more money on quality free agents.   We have too many top players to resign in the next several years.

I don’t feel the same as I did at this time about the OL. I don’t think before the injuries it was a concern. But I agree Collins is a worry. Williams we have committed to so that’s that. Volson I think becomes solid.

And why we lost to KC was an untimely punt return and personal foul. Not saying we didn’t struggle in the trenches but I think we got out coached there. In that KC’s staff had a solid game plan. Kinda like what we did to the Bills.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 30,000 foot view of the Bengals and the league in ‘23 - Soonerpeace - 02-01-2023, 11:32 PM