Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
Agree with a lot that has been said. My main things:
Shift from Mixon to a more agile, quick accelerating back who is a threat to catch the ball in the flats and scat. Resign Perine to be the short yard hammer
Draft or sign offensive line depth with at least one or two prospects who could boom and be an impact starter. The #1 goal of this franchise should be to give Joe time, he’s off the charts with adequate protection.
Draft an edge or two with length and twitch. Hubbard and Hendrickson are solid, and steady, but we need someone who can get to the qb in a hurry and it’s easier to find project edge that can than it is to find a guy like Chris Jones or Aaron Donald.
Let Bates walk, pray that Dax develops and draft another safety for protection/depth.

A few guys that have my attention I. Round 1 are Dawand Jones, J Gibbs, and Darnell Washington.
Jones has been crushing solid d line prospects at the senior bowl and has the wingspan of a 7’5” human. His potential is off the charts.
Gibbs gives you what I mentioned above, a quick twitch rocket out of the backfield who could shine in the flats, making the defense defend chase and Higgins deep and have to worry about the width of the field as well. Instant impact
Washington excites me because he could be used as an extra tackle but also has the athleticism to release and cause problems for anyone covering him. Lots of versatility there
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - CottonHill - 02-02-2023, 01:11 AM