Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-01-2023, 04:28 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:

(02-01-2023, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The more I learn about Darnell Washington, the more I think that he is the perfect TE prospect for the Bengals.  At 6'7" #265, Washington will be like having an extra OL, on in-line formations.  The size and power to be a true contributor in Pass Pro, as well as downfield blocking, and the ability to deliver a punishing blow to smaller defenders when catching the ball in the middle of the field.  His huge body being able to effectively "box out" defenders along the sidelines should be an easy money target in not only the red zone, but in any need to move the chains situation.

His only problem was competing for playing time with a phenomenon like Brock Bowers on the same offense.  Even having to play second fiddle to the ultra dynamic Bowers, Washington still managed to reel in 28 passes for 454 yards this year, as well as earn a reputation as a punishing blocker.  Washington would have been a dominating starter on most Power 5 conference teams.

Musgrave is too big of a question mark.  Unsure of his blocking skills and he only played 2 games this season?

Washington is more of our style as he is a very good blocker with strong hands.  If we re-sign Hurst I'm not sure we are willing to draft him in the 1st or 2nd round...?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment - casear2727 - 02-02-2023, 03:11 PM