Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-02-2023, 03:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If that is the plan going into next year then everyone in the FO should be fired. 

This isn't a "throw some mud against the wall and see what sticks" year. We are in a SB window. 

Williams was bad this year and Carman is still a complete crap shoot with a super limited sample size. Collins may not even be on the team next year and no way he starts the year healthy. A draft pick is an unknown quantity and a complete liability. 

OL is THE most important aspect of this offense in order for it and Joe to perform the best it can perform and it's kept us from winning two Super Bowls. I'm done having shit players on it. 

So you don't want to gamble on a draft pick, you don't like the current players...so it's FA or bust for you then, right?

Who exactly in FA should the Bengals go get (assuming the player doesn't get tagged by their current team anyway), how much will those players cost, and how will the Bengals be able to fit that into their opening cap space accounting $10 mill (at least) will be reserved for draft picks and injuries and also other positions to fill or re-sign?
And don't tell me the Bengals don't HAVE to hold that much, because they always do.

Looking at the impending FAs, I don't see much optimism for upgrade other than MAYBE Orlando Brown at LT, Mike McGlinchey at RT.
Orlando Brown only 4 sacks but he allowed 47 total pressures this past season, which is actually more than Jonah Williams' 43.
McGlinchey 27 total pressures including 6 sacks. Collins had 34 total pressures but 1 less sack than McGlinchey.
Collins played roughly 1.5 less games worth of snaps than McGlinchey.

For Brown and McGlinchey, I'd be highly confident both get offers for $15+ mill APY each. Possibly $20+ mill.

Here's the list of FAs btw (before tags could come into play) - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle/all/

And I think it's a pipe dream to think the Bengals would actually make a trade for an upper-tier OT. They won't want to give up draft picks when they have some important guys coming up on big $$$$ extensions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - ochocincos - 02-02-2023, 04:21 PM