Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The elephant in the room, again, Oline
(02-03-2023, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tee also wants paid. He has the same agent as Jessie Bates (who also wanted to stay here and play with Joe... but only for $18m/yr) and Deshaun Watson.

Burrow's going to have to start elevating some receiving talent once he signs his extension, because there's not room on any team for a huge QB contract and two huge WR contracts. Between Higgins and Chase, it's going to be Chase.

This ^^^^^

Everybody loves Tee but it's all about the $.

Once you pay Burrow and Chase (which is going to happen) the money is not there to pay another elite WR not on a rookie deal and have a solid team around them still. 

The way I see it you have to trim the fat to pay for Burrow and Chase already so the question becomes, what high priced positions can be found in the draft that are ready to plug in and go immediately. I would say RB and WR's are the easiest to find NFL ready in the draft that can produce on their rookie deal. Especially when joining a good WR room with a great #1 that draws double coverage, plus features an elite QB.

Would move on from Boyd too if he tries to break the bank, although he is much more affordable than Tee will be and may actually do a team friendly deal. So believe there is still hope to keep him.

If Bengals could get a 1st round pick in the top 15 selections for Tee then it would be tempting imo. Once again, Tee is great and I am a big fan of his but its all about the money
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The elephant in the room, again, Oline - Go Cards - 02-03-2023, 11:41 AM