Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The elephant in the room, again, Oline
(02-03-2023, 11:41 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^

Everybody loves Tee but it's all about the $.

Once you pay Burrow and Chase (which is going to happen) the money is not there to pay another elite WR not on a rookie deal and have a solid team around them still. 

The way I see it you have to trim the fat to pay for Burrow and Chase already so the question becomes, what high priced positions can be found in the draft that are ready to plug in and go immediately. I would say RB and WR's are the easiest to find NFL ready in the draft that can produce on their rookie deal. Especially when joining a good WR room with a great #1 that draws double coverage, plus featuring an elite QB.

Would move on from Boyd too if he tries to break the bank, although he is much more affordable than Tee will be and may actually do a team friendly deal. 

If Bengals could get a 1st round pick in the top 15 selections for Tee then it would be tempting imo. Once again, Tee is great and I am a fan of his but its all about the money

Sadly this is the absolute truth.  With the WR market being so hot, I would hope to be able to get a #1 and a #2 (even if the 2 is next year and depending how low the #1 pick would be).

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The elephant in the room, again, Oline - casear2727 - 02-03-2023, 11:45 AM