Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-03-2023, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have absolutely no idea what kind of money he’s “demanding.” This is a clickbait article full of pure speculation.

You're not technically wrong.  

Given the agent (Mulgheta), I'd say it's a pretty solid guess, though.  His reputation is one of getting his player the most possible money no matter what.  He's the Scott Boras of the NFL.  Players don't hire that kind of guy oifthey aren't trying to max out the money.  

The one thing I can say based on pure numbers and logic is this: the number just don't add up, no matter how much we all want them to.  Burrow and Chase will make up probably over a third of the cap once they get extensions.  Add Tee to that and you're looking at almost half the cap on 3 guys.  It would be a major challenge to field 51 more guys with half the cap gone.  

That's the rub to me, and I dislike it as much as anyone on here.  Even if Tee takes a reasonable deal, it's going to be tough to field a legit team with that kind of cap gymnastics.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - samhain - 02-03-2023, 08:04 PM