Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-04-2023, 02:30 AM)jason Wrote: The Bengals aren't going to trade Tee Higgins. It may make all of the sense in the world to do it, but they won't. They'll let him play out his rookie deal in the hopes of winning it all. I just don't see too many teams that'd be willing to pony up the 1st and 3rd round picks we feel like he should bring back. When he does hit free agency, I don't see but 4 or 5 teams willing to pay up either. Honestly I see a correction in the WR market coming... The league is chocked full of talented players at the position.

I think the time for corrections at any position is long gone.  The cap increase that is imminent will see to that.  It will get blown out even more as is climbs due to gambling revenue and distance from pandemic shutdowns.  This is evidenced by the massive contract paid out to Smith in Baltimore.  A freaking off-the-ball linebacker just got 20 mil per.  Insane.

We've had our expectations skewed for the last two years.  A Bengal fan could be forgiven for believing that number 1 wideouts just fall out of the sky.  They don't and teams are still willing to shell out for known commodities.  It only takes 2 or 3 suitors to create an overpay.  

Now, would I trade him just to trade him?  Hell no.  I'd let it be known that any team that gets Tee is going to feel some pain for the opportunity to acquire a player of that caliber.  It better be an offer that people in paces like this talk about as an overpay all offseason long, or else he's staying put.

Every year we all have an idea of what's reasonable in terms of contracts or draft pick compensation and every year some team does something that skews that idea completely.  It only takes one team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - samhain - 02-04-2023, 12:39 PM