Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
(02-04-2023, 12:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I sit in the canopy, third row.  Went to every game this season.

We arrived very early to the Wild Card game.  Like when the gates opened. 

We were basically the only people in our section for 30 minutes.  

For some reason, the heights, the steepness, and the emptiness of the stadium really freaked me out.  Not bad when it's filled with other people, but being alone up there was a thing.  

I can empathize.  I used to have seats in 317, but they were in the first row, so there was a huge drop down to the next level.  But, that never bothered me in the slightest.  Scared the hell out of Mrs. Llama and a few other guests, but I was fine with it.  Then one time I had an occasion where I sat a few rows from the top of 317.  Like you, we arrived early, and until the seats filled in, I was on edge the whole time.  I only went out once because I had to go to the bathroom.  Climbing those stairs felt like we were trying to summit K2.  

Nationwide Arena has the same effect on me.  I refuse to sit in the upper deck unless I can get the first row.  When they design those places the first question must be:  "From a liability standpoint, how ridiculously steep can we make the upper deck before everyone just falls down?"
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section - Awful Llama - 02-04-2023, 02:12 PM