Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, McCarron To Start His First NFL Game Ever Sunday
I still think todays game is about this....if Dalton was starting, to me it would be about the 49ers. I met Anthony Munoz at a Bengals camp once and he mentioned the 49ers to everybody. Bengals lost 2 Super Bowls to them and also always came up short in regular season games to Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. It's a part of his career he has to live with.  I was hoping we could climb towards the play-offs and put a loss on 49ers for a change.

Todays game isn't about 49ers games of the past now....it is simply AJ McCarron getting his first NFL start under his belt....it may not be a pretty thing to watch today, but it has to be done. With Dalton injured, McCarron who I still consider a rookie gets thrown into the fire. ...I consider him a rookie because he spent his first year injured all last year and not even on the regular team but the injured list. This is his first year on the regular team, hence-rookie...and making his first start.

Get him out there, see what his strengths and weaknesses are, and coach him up for the play-offs the 3 games after this one. He can at least get 4 games under his belt with the starting team and try to get some timing down with the starting receivers.  The timing is the key thing, getting his passes in jive with the timing and moves of the receivers. Timing is everything, and can't be learned on the bench.  A half a second or an inch off makes the difference between a completion and an incomplete pass or an interception.  The difference between 1st downs or punting....This game is all about starting to work on the timing of these plays in the playbook, and he has 4 games to get ready for the play-offs. ....The play-offs will be his 5th start.....There is much work to be done from his very limited action against Rams and Browns and his longer action against Steelers, and now these 4 games he will start....He will have at least been in 7 straight games going into play-offs, so that is an upside......These games are like preseason games to the play-offs now, 4 games to get McCarron ready for the play-offs in a very short time. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, McCarron To Start His First NFL Game Ever Sunday - kevin - 12-20-2015, 05:52 AM