Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
I think there's a lot of evidence that points to Tee being a number 1 wr, maybe even a top 5 wr in the league at some point.

Our perception is skewed because we somehow managed to have a player of his caliber on the same roster as a guy that has the potential to be not only the best in the league, but one of the best of all time in Chase. The ease and immediacy of Ja'marr's success is something that wouldn't be an exaggeration to call generational. He has the potential to be a Rice/Moss caliber receiver.

As for Tee, he's excelled even without Chase. He stepped seamlessly into the number 1 role when we were all freaking out about the season being over as news of Chase's injury got out.

His size and physicality is rare. The dude is 6-4 plus and nearly 220. Guys like that aren't falling off of trees even at the pro level. You basically have Evans, Metcalf, and Mike Williams out there. Some of those guys are bigger than Tee, but I'd argue that Tee is the superior athlete.

On the field, he not only makes great catches. He's a bully as a downfield blocker vs overmatched defensive backs and he's more than willing to mix it up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was a top ten or top 5 wr on a consistent basis in his prime.

The problem for the Bengals isn't whether or not he's a true number 1. He is. The problem is that it's nearly impossible to pay 2 number 1 receivers the money they deserve along with a top 5 quarterback.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - samhain - 02-05-2023, 12:54 PM