Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac has to give up playcalling
(02-05-2023, 04:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You know that all the offensive coaches are involved with the play calls? They each have situational areas. Picher I think has third downs. Callahan has Redzone. Walters has something and Pollack in the run game. On the headset they give a play and Zac gives his play and Joe gets a choice. No every play isn’t this way. But there’s lots of input. I think also you have Joe that they probably cater to too much. Early in the year he was the problem. He hates the short controlled passing game. But he wants to win and finally accepted the fact he had to buy in. But I don’t think many understand how involved he is in the call sheet. The bottom line is the offensive line has been a nullifier in many ways.

I can't speak on who's calling plays when. I know the oline was not good and that was certainly a factor in the loss. There were a lot of factors in the loss. I started the thread because I think we really struggle in situational football. We got better this year in several areas but when and how we go for 4th and short was a real struggle. This may be an area we can improve on next year. But with all the factors in the loss to the Chiefs we had very poor use of timeouts and I think if that was better we just mightve overcome the negatives in the game. Situational football is the difference between wins and losses in tight games and I'm just not sure we've been seeing improvements in this department.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac has to give up playcalling - NUGDUKWE - 01-30-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - jason - 01-30-2023, 02:27 PM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - jason - 01-30-2023, 02:28 PM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - NUGDUKWE - 02-05-2023, 04:55 PM