Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Mock
Your late round picks are all incredible. Back up QB with upside (in case of injury, not to replace obviously), high hang time punter, stud undersized LB, shifty RB are all positions we could use and I like all of your picks there.

For the first 3 rounds, I would be pretty happy. I like Jones but wonder if he'll be able to start day 1, which is my perhaps unfair expectation of a first round pick that isn't a developmental QB. I would be more happy with your other options. Torrence makes Volson the #1 backup guard, which would be amazing for depth and Wright I do believe is a surefire day 1 starter at RT. With that said, I have mocked Jones to us in the 2nd round over and over again, so would I be upset if we took him in the first? Absolutely not.

A safety in the 2nd doesn't do it for me though. It obviously depends on what we're doing in free agency, but I would really like it if we re-signed Bell to a 3 year deal. Bell has been in the NFL for a while, but he just turned 28 in December. I think we should keep him as our starter for at least 2 more years, so drafting a back ups afety in the 2nd round (if we do re-sign Bell) would not be an ideal use of draft capital, imo. Even if Brown is a good prospect. I'd rather take a true pass rusher there or maybe a CB if we don't re-sign Eli Apple, since Awuzie is coming off of injury and going into his contract year in a contract that he has comfortably out performed (he'll be looking for the bag in his third contract).

And then in the 3rd, I think Durham played very well this week. He showed he may have been underutilized at Purdue, as he never really took over the offense at Purdue (he was more of a "jack of all trades, master of none" at TE in college) but, generally speaking, I don't like overreacting to the Senior Bowl. Players who are big risers in these off season games are wild cards and I don't think their performance during these games is necessarily predictive of their success in the NFL. Durham was projected anywhere between the 4th round and the 6th round before the Senior Bowl, and I think that may be more of his true value. Not a terrible reach, but just enough of one that I feel there may have been a better player available. This is also contingent on what happens with Hurst. If we re-sign him to a multi year deal and if we sign Sample to a little prove it deal, we may just skip TE entirely this draft. It's never been a position we've valued highly anyway, after all.

If the draft went down this way, I'd still be thrilled because I think you absolutely nailed the later rounds and the first round pick is just a half round too early for me but I love the prospect. It's just the 2nd and 3rd rounders who, while good players, I would like to see players that could impact our team better earlier.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Senior Bowl Mock - WVUHomer - 02-05-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - CJD - 02-06-2023, 03:00 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - WVUHomer - 02-06-2023, 08:33 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - SunsetBengal - 02-06-2023, 09:49 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - WVUHomer - 02-06-2023, 11:06 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - SunsetBengal - 02-06-2023, 11:12 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - WVUHomer - 02-06-2023, 12:02 PM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - TecmoBengals - 02-06-2023, 10:00 AM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - Synric - 02-06-2023, 02:41 PM
RE: Senior Bowl Mock - WVUHomer - 02-06-2023, 05:04 PM