Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson says Burrow is the best QB in the league
Thanks for posting. So much cool stuff there.

Carson picks Joey in the context of his perfect offense today:

OC = K. Shanahan
QB = Burrow (prefers his consistency and toughness... but concedes that a lot of others might pick Mahomes)
X = Jefferson
Z = Chase
Y = Kittle (loves Kelce as a receiver, but sees Kittle as a more complete, clutch and true TE... also calls him "Kittles" lol)
RB = Cook (perfect fit for Shanahan's offense)

Carson's Shanahan comment was really insightful. He thinks Kyle's the ideal OC not just because he can create success for his quarterbacks mentally and physically (as he did for Purdy), but also because he knows how to train separation into his receivers. I'd never really heard that before. How he can almost scheme spacing out of guys who aren't naturally gifted freaks like Chad, Allen, Chase, etc.

I thought it was so cool to hear them both admiring Burrow's precision, shaking their heads in disbelief. Jordan: "He had three of the most beautiful incompletions I've ever seen-" Carson: "I know!" Jordan: "He's the best back shoulder passer in the league-" Carson: "But throws a beautiful deep ball too."

Carson elaborated on the value of a high completion % beyond the obvious, how important it is especially at the start of the game and how it discourages the defense- which again reinforces how lucky we are to have literally the most accurate passer in league history. Jordan went so far as to say Burrow's second year was like "Rodgers in his prime." Carson saw him as more similar to Brady, particularly when it came to not getting distracted despite losing three of his starting OL heading into Arrowhead. "I would have... everyone else I know would have... I don't think that thought even went through his head! He's so mentally strong." Carson has never lacked for confidence, but sounds like he truly reveres Joe Burrow. That's awesome.

Anyway, thanks again for posting. Love hearing those two talk football.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson says Burrow is the best QB in the league - tms - 02-06-2023, 03:58 AM